DEPARTMENT OF INTERNAL DISEASES
About The Ward
Internal Diseases ward was established to treat patients who need care in full scope of internal medicine. We mainly specialise in treating patients with cardiovascular, respiratory system and gastrointestinal tract diseases. Qualified and experienced personnel pay special attention to providing proper diagnostics and then selection of appropriate treatment program.
The ward cooperates with the best medical centres in the field of nephrology and dialysis in the Subcarpathian Voivodeship, thus providing safety to patients with severe renal disorders. Moreover, initial qualification of patients for kidney transplant is provided by the ward.
The Department of Internal Diseases has 10 beds.
Specialists from the ward consult patients in the Diabetology Outpatient Clinic, Cardiology Outpatient Clinic oraz Cardiosurgery Outpatient Clinic, where they qualify patients for diagnostics and treatment in surgical cardiology and electrophysiology centres.
The scope of medical care
We diagnose and treat:
- cardiovascular system diseases
- lung diseases
- gastrointestinal system diseases (not requiring invasive therapeutic procedure)
- rheumatologic diseases; systemic connective tissue diseases and haematologic diseases
- endocrynological disorders
- systemic multiple organ diseases (also resulting from patient’s old age)
- metabolic disorders, mainly diabetes, metabolic syndromes
We perform the following examinations:
- angio CT
- coronary vessels tomography
- transoesophageal echocardiography
- ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABP)
- Holter monitor
- artery ultrasound
- exercise test
- upright tilt test (syncope diagnostics)