DEPARTMENT OF ANAESTHESIOLOGY AND INTESIVE THERAPY
About The Ward
Anaesthesiology and Intensive Therapy Ward provides complex care before and after surgery. We pay special attention to safety, high standards of healthcare, comfortable conditions and well-being of the worst-case patients.
The ward consists of two units: Anaesthesiology and Intensive Therapy (7 stations equipped according to the guidelines of the National Health Fund). Anaesthesia for surgery is performed simultaneously in 3 operating theatres.
Our hospital provides patients with 24-hour care from doctors and nurses specially trained in lifesaving. In the Postanaesthesia Care Unit, the ward personnel provide care for patients in the period necessary for complete awakening, circulation system stabilization, pain relief.
Consultation in the Pain Management Unit is provided by the Head of the Department, Włodzimierz Wnęk MD PhD.
The scope of medical care
- qualifying patients for surgical procedures in scope of general surgery, thoracic surgery and orthopaedic surgery
- applying anaesthesia, providing care for patients in the Postanaesthesia Care Unit
- consulting intensive care patients on the hospital wards and in the Emergency Department
- consulting patients in scope of pain relief
- applying short term anaesthesia for examinations performed at the Computer Tomography Unit, for cardioversion and endoscopy.